- Viruses (Virii) are a well know cause of problems, yet surprisingly many people use dated, outdated or no anti-virus software.
- Online Anti-Virus scan are available here:
- Download Anti-virus software. Our favourite pieces of free software are listed below.
- Install the software
- If software does not install, then try installing it in safemode with network support (To get updates)
- If possible try and run software without rebooting your system as a virus infection may disable it during reboot
- Update software, until no more updates are available.
- Now run a full system scan (This may take sometime, possibly hours)
- If viruses are found Quarantine or delete them.
- If a file can't be deleted you will have to boot to safemode and then run another scan from there.
- If you still cannot delete infection try searching google for a fix, stating "Virus name" and "Removal"
- Its worth noting that many company's release specific tools to remove viruses, try searching google once again for "Virus name" and "Removal tool"
ThreatFire AntiVirus Free Edition - Windows® 7 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows® Vista™ 64-bit, Vista™ 32-bit, Windows XP SP1, SP2 or SP3 (Home, Pro & Media Center Editions), Windows 2003, or Windows 2008.